Software support specialist
We are seeking a high-energy, team-oriented Software Support Specialist to provide technical support to SI customers. The successful candidate will work directly with customers to troubleshoot, install and configure the various SI software modules and will report to our Technical Support Manager.
This role, based at our head office near Lichfield, provides the perfect opportunity to jumpstart your career in technology. You’ll learn diverse software programs, technical support processes, and know each day that your work helps businesses around the globe be successful.
What you’ll do
- Provide world-class technical support via telephone, email and chat for SI customers.
- Troubleshoot complex issues with the use of remote support software.
- Learn from customer interactions to help innovate customer experience improvements with better software and support tools.
- Identify early symptoms, patterns and solutions for upcoming technology challenges.
- Develop best practices, tips and training scripts for customers on proper use of our programs.
- Communicate user challenges and software updates across multiple teams including the development team for tracking resolution.
- Input all technical issues into bug tracking software to be addressed by appropriate teams.
- Assist with Quality Assurance testing.
- Opportunity to work on additional projects as required by the Support team.
What you’ll need
- The desire to learn new technology quickly and contribute to a fast-paced technology team.
- 1-3 years of combined customer service and software experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience working with helpdesk ticketing software a plus.
- Experience with software applications (bespoke, food industry a bonus).
- Operating knowledge of SQL Databases and Querying language.
SI offers competitive pay & annual bonuses along with a range of other benefits including Gym memberships, pensions and more. Most of all, SI offers a dynamic, fun, and fast-paced work environment, filled with hard-working, loyal and happy co-workers.
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience.
- Annual bonus scheme based on Company performance.
- 23 days annual leave per annum plus statutory public holidays.
- Company pension scheme with an employer contribution of up to 5% of annual salary.
- Free life insurance and critical illness cover.
- Free onsite parking.