Review production KPIs in real-time
As any manufacturing manager will know, the push for profitability is never ending. Improving yield – be it production, equipment or resource based – is essential to keep your business ahead of the competition. This is the reason why many of our customers are stepping up to our food manufacturing production dashboards.
Even the slightest gain that’s made as a result of cost savings, improved throughput or quality, can have a direct and immediate effect on your bottom line. And the smart way to visualise where those gains can be achieved is through the use of real-time dashboards. With dashboards monitoring operations, real-time data can be analysed to address inefficiencies and optimise production, providing the answers whenever you need them.
Whenever Active Dashboards are introduced by SI to a food manufacturer’s factory shop floor, a new clarity of understanding is revealed across all process areas. Real-time reporting allows for rich data analysis that previously would have been complex to obtain.
Every picture tells a story
On the food processor’s factory floor, keeping on top of data is a daily battle. The production manager needs to understand:
- What are the production rates on each line, by product and by product group?
- What is our hourly throughput?
- How much have we produced each day over the last few weeks?
- What is the production, by hour, by shift and by time range?
- What are each of the production teams achieving, based on what has been planned for them to produce?
- What do our customers require and what needs to be achieved to fulfil their orders?
Find out how real-time dashboards have improved productivity within a UK based fish processing factory. Click here for more.
But with factory floor Active Dashboards, production managers can immediately see:
- The real-time food manufacturing rates.
- The unit throughput, by hour and by food production line.
- If there are any line problems, such as poor performance from one of the machines, such as auto OCMs.
- How best to make informed decisions, based on real-tine information. For instance, whether to;
- move production to another manufacturing line
- stop production for maintenance check on machinery
- or change the product mix.
And as all the data is informed by SI’s real-time data capture, it will always be up to date, no matter how many varieties of dashboard reporting are created.
To find out more about SI’s food manufacturing production dashboards, or our food ERP and modular software:
Or request a download of our 2020 Active Dashboard guide.
SI’s Active Dashboards, fed by real-time shop floor data capture, are proven to improve productivity for food manufacturers. SI is one of the UK’s leading food ERP providers.