SOP: catering butchers’ success stories
Real-time visibility for Campbells Prime Meat
“Everything we sell is made to order and we despatch around 7500 items a day. Of all the software suppliers we spoke to, only Systems Integration understood our processes and what we are trying to achieve. More than that, SI had created software specifically for catering butchers.”
“Visibility and traceability are particularly important to us as we run a transactionally high business. Campbells produces 1,500 orders a day, with 5 or 6 different types of products in each one. Our order fulfilment time is very short. We take orders up until midnight and despatch the following morning before 0600.
“We spoke to several software companies, but found that all of them relied on generic solutions. More than that, these companies failed to understand our processes, the high product proliferation and what we are trying to achieve.
With SI, it was different; their software is purely designed for food manufacturing and the team comprises many experts who have worked directly in the meat industry.” Stephen Sweeney, Financial Director, Campbells Prime Meat.
“Since implementing SOP we have gained greater control and visibility of our sales operations.”
For Birtwistles Catering Butchers, the implementation of SOP has delivered fast and user-friendly sales order processing. It has eliminated the need to search through reams of product information, so they now they only see whatever is relevant to each customer.
With SOP in place, Birtwistles can now:
- pre-define call lists for telesales;
- control all customer rebates, accruals and invoice discounts;
- deliver visibility of order make up progress;
- manage complex pricing structures and bars products for specific customers;
- provide a complete visual of order history, product recommendations and any special promotions;
- link to Birtwistles’ website portal, where customers can directly log in and place orders;
- manage its fleet and daily vehicle routes.
And whenever Birtwistles runs special products, every time an order is entered into SOP, the promotional information appears first, to remind the team that these products need to be sold first.