The fresh processing software choice for the fresh produce industry
SI (Systems Integration) has a deep understanding of the fresh produce sector & problems that often occur during fruit & vegetable processing. That’s why our food ERP system Integreater, together with our modular software, has been developed to work with the perishable nature of your raw materials and short lead times.
Driven by consumers that are more health-conscious and environmentally aware, The fruit and vegetable sector is growing fast. Also, Government policies that promote the importance of five-a-day. The organic segment of the UK market alone grew by 5.3% in 2018, according to the Soil Association. Your customers demand high-quality and consistent products all year round – regardless of seasonality – whether they are from retail, food manufacture or food service sectors.
The drive towards automation within the fruit and vegetable processing sector has many triggers:
- The growth in convenience products requires processors to invest in new product development, led by emerging food trends and enabled by technology.
- The ability to develop more cost-effective, value-added and innovative products.
- Rigorous quality control needs to deliver against the increasing value is now placed on transparency and traceability of product.
- Boost yields and minimise giveaway and wastage.
- Lastly, As the national minimum wage is due to increase to £9 by 2020, many manufacturers will find that unsustainable for a large workforce. Automation is essential.
Keep the supply chain moving
- Complex supply chain management.
- Cost pressures.
- The impact of food safety laws.
- The complications due to the inevitably short shelf life of fresh produce.
These are just a few of the strategic issues that fresh produce companies face every day and reasons why their choice of specialist processing software is crucial.
SI has been dedicated, For more than 25 years, to developing software for the perishable food processing sector, and each segment of the industry.
For fresh produce companies, along with our specialist software in place processors and handlers can control the production seamlessly, from delivery of stock right through to the final stages of production and despatch. Integreater ensures that the location of every item is precisely recorded, together with its current shelf life, throughout every part of the process.
Integreater’s specialist fresh produce capabilities cover:
- Production planning
- Raw material and packaging procurement planning
- Intake and QA
- Primary prepping/benching
- Yield tracking
- WIP stocking
- Secondary processing/packing
- Finished good stock and labelling
- Integration to specific 3rd party systems
- Picking and despatch
- Finally, Accounts integration
Also, If you work within this challenging sector and would like to discuss ways to improve efficiency, call 01543 444 555 to talk to one of our food productivity experts or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our fresh produce processing software suite.
Finally SI Food Software.
Inclusively,SO Fresh Produce.