Automated Grading Station
Grading station management can be significantly improved by applying our specialist automation software.
Our abattoir grading station application is highly configurable and can be tailored to an abattoir’s specific working practices. It eliminates many of the complications associated with weighing and labelling. Labels can be set to detail everything from species, carcass type through to the specification and age.
Our grading station software can also re-grade carcasses from previous dates. This can be used to ensure consistent standards are applied and any disputes with suppliers are quickly resolved.
The data we collect is just as important to the farmer because he needs information to help him improve his animals and achieve better margins.
Integration to secure livestock portals
Some of the more advanced abattoirs are now providing secure livestock websites for farmers and producers, who can log into the portal to see how their animals have been graded. The data captured by our software can be replicated and sent to these portals. When the farmers input their producer code, they can view information about each of the passport weights and grades achieved.
We also have software that integrates with the camera system that grades beef and lamb.
Our grading station application is designed for:
- Integration with an abattoir’s wider computer systems, to connect with everything from traceability software to the site’s booking and scheduling systems.
- Fast and intuitive use by operators.
- Connection to two separate scales and automatic weight collection.
- Attachment to various printers to allow for different label stock according to varied species, carcass types, specifications and ages.
- Use to re-grade carcasses from previous dates, ensuring consistent standards and the ability to quickly resolve any disputes with suppliers. This feature is fully audited and automatically alerts the operator by displaying a visual red warning screen whenever working on a date other than the current one.
More than this, data can also be shared with FSA (Food Standards Agency) and screens within the abattoir, capturing information both antemortem and post-mortem.
How auto-specification works within a grading station
When a carcass reaches the abattoir grading station, a profile will be set up in the application to detail:
- Weight, grade and age
- Number of movements
- Type of animal (i.e. steer, heifer, young bull).
When you need to fulfil daily orders according to customer profiles, designation or destination code, our grading station software automatically checks which animals match the specifications. Read more about our Auto-Spec ID software here.
Planning an upgrade to your livestock operations?
If you are considering an upgrade to your existing livestock systems, our abattoir experts are here to help. We already supply some of the largest meat processors in the UK with reliable and state of the art Livestock Systems.