Quality Assurance software
Paper QA holding you back? Move up to automated QA and traceability that always works
Always be audit ready with SI’s flexible, scaleable, out-of-the-box QA management application.
Our QA inspection tools deliver real-time visibility and insights within food manufacturing environments. Simply define the QA process areas, such as critical control points (CCPs), capture data, measure and analyse it.
QA management that helps you to work smarter
Once all your QA procedures and checklists have been set up, using our Procedure Design Studio software, inspection processes can be run on a wide range of devices (including PCs, touchscreens, rugged tablets, scanners, and smartphones).
As QA data is captured, tracked and any issues are flagged up, our application:
- Shows how many checks are being performed, when they are happening and identifies any non-conformances.
- Evidences that operators have carried out the correct checks and at the prescribed time intervals, by scanning at critical control points (CCPs) throughout your food factory.
- Puts stock on hold at any food manufacturing stage, for follow up QA checks.
- Controls quarantined items, to prevent cross-contamination and manage any rejects.
- Minimises non-compliances, for both customer and regulatory standards, through digital validation and safeguarding.
- And by using our Hygiene Application, controls all food factory cleaning and hygiene routines.
SI’s QA application can either be operated as a standalone module or integrated within our own food ERP solution. Then, captured QA data can either be synchronised to transfer in real-time, for analysis, or, when working offline, uploaded once devices reconnected to the network.
Minimise administration time
With instant data retrieval, Digital QA has the potential, for large enterprises, to eliminate thousands of man-hours spent on administration. And with more time available to spend on QA review and analysis, managers can explore the new levels of digital reporting provided by SI’s QA and traceability software.
For example, review digital QA procedures by product code to analyse:
- How many finished products resulted in non-conformances and why?
- Were the non-conformances the result of issues with packaging specifications, recipes, raw materials, or something else?
- By understanding, the issues and patterns, what evidenced-based changes should be applied and measured?
QA digitalisation that’s proven to deliver cost savings
For any food manufacturing business, minimising waste is a priority. But with our QA module, once any non-conformances or issues are identified, such as variable raw material quality at intake, problems can be quickly addressed and rectified.
And, by moving away from paper-based QA, one of the hidden cost benefits is the saving that’s made against paper and ink spend. For a large enterprise, this saving can equate to several £0000s.
For Avara Foods, we’ve been able to quantify this saving. At its Telford plant alone, digital QA of technical processes has eliminated 1.8 tonnes of paper per annum.
To find out more about SI’s quality assurance and traceability software and how it could improve efficiencies within your food manufacturing business, simply complete the form and we’ll get right back to you.
Request our new 20 page guide on Digital QA, Traceability and Audit Management.
This new guide is packed with expert commentary, illustrations and videos explaining how our customers have stepped up to a new level of control with SI. Packed with expert advice, customer case studies and videos.
Find out more about SI’s (Systems Integration):
– food QA and traceability
– QA for food manufacturing
– fresh produce traceability software
– QA for meat processors
Finally, Si Food Software and food ERP.
The Integreater QA system would provide the following;
Turn all manual paperwork checks to electronic that can be captured on a handheld device (tablets, scanners, etc.)
Real-time visibility of checks on the shop floor through real-time trackers and reporting
Ability to capture photographic evidence that can be held against the results of the check
Reporting and analysis – immediate retrieval of QA information for audits
Non-conformance management built in – auto alert QA supervisors/management of non-conformances
Alerts on handheld to operators for hourly checks
CCP barcoding – scan CCP (i.e. metal detector) to prove that the check was done in the right area
Integration with check weighing equipment and blue tooth thermometers
Checks against product specifications. Retail label verification (off line) can also be incorporated
This can also be fully utilised by engineering department for line checks, downtime, consumption of parts/tools, etc.
SI also has a lab sampling application for batch samples and lab test result logging.