Automated QA and Traceability
Paper QA holding you back? Move up to automated QA and traceability that always works
Always be audit ready with SI’s flexible, scaleable, out-of-the-box QA management application.
By delivering real-time visibility and insights, whenever our QA inspection tools are applied within food manufacturing environments, end-to-end quality and traceability standards is achieved.
Simply define the QA areas that you need to capture (i.e. critical control points (CCPs)), capture data, measure and analyse it.
Design and deploy digital QA procedures
For quality management teams, our Procedure Design Studio provides the foundation to moving up to paperless QA and traceability.
Using the application, quality management teams can design, test and deploy digital procedures, eliminating paper-based versions, and ensuring end-to-end traceability for auditing purposes. With its in-built real-time tracking, auto-alerts and non-conformation management, design your procedures to:
- Capture photographs, voice recordings, temperature, weight checks and much more.
- Set mandatory and optional questions, and select the data input methods that best suit your food factory.
- Define tolerances for each QA question, non-conformances can be raised whenever results fall outside of the parameters. For instance, for temperatures, weights or conditions.
- And, using our own laboratory sampling application, capture batch samples and log lab test results.
And when any changes that are applied to your procedures and inspection checklists, both updated information and previous versions will recorded
QA management that helps you to work smarter
Once all your QA procedures and checklists have been set up, inspection processes can be run on a wide range of devices. Capture, record and track QA data using PCs, touchscreens, rugged tablets, scanners, smart phones and other handheld units. By digitally capturing and storing QA data, and automatically flagging up any issues:
- It shows how many checks are being performed, when they are happening and identifies any non-conformances.
- Evidences that operators have carried out the correct checks and at the prescribed time intervals, by scanning at critical control points (CCPs) throughout your food factory.
- Puts stock on hold at any food manufacturing stage. for further QA checks.
- Controls quarantined items, to prevent cross-contamination or manage any rejects.
- Minimises non-compliances, for both customer and regulatory standards, through digital validation and safeguarding.
- And by using our Hygiene Application, controls all food factory cleaning and hygiene routines.
SI’s QA application can either be operated as a standalone module or integrated within our own food ERP solution. Then, captured QA data can either be synchronised to transfer in real-time, for analysis, or, when working offline, uploaded once devices reconnected to the network.
Deliver stress-free audits
For companies that are still reliant on paperwork to keep compliant, the pressure is on to move up to digital QA, traceability, to always be audit ready. With increasing levels of pressure on food manufacturers to provide flawless audit information within set timeframes, SI’s digital QA and traceability delivers audit data in seconds not hours.
Can your business complete any food manufacturing audit in just a few minutes?
With SI’s clever QA and traceability software, our customers have the confidence to say “yes”. Our food software incorporates real-time data capture, digitalises the QA manual and ensures food processors are always audit ready.
Minimise administration time
With instant data retrieval, Digital QA has the potential, for large enterprises, to eliminate thousands of man-hours spent on administration. And with more time available to spend on QA review and analysis, managers can explore the new levels of digital reporting provided by SI’s QA and traceability software.
For example, review digital QA procedures by product code to analyse:
- How many finished products resulted in non-conformances and why?
- Were the non-conformances the result of issues with packaging specifications, recipes, raw materials, or something else?
By understanding the issues and any patterns, evidence-based changes can be applied and measured.
QA digitalisation that’s proven to deliver cost savings
For any food manufacturing business, minimising waste is a priority. But with our QA module, once any non-conformances or issues are identified, such as variable raw material quality at intake, problems can be quickly addressed and rectified.
And, by moving away from paper-based QA, one of the hidden cost benefits is the saving that’s made against paper and ink spend. For a large enterprise, this saving can equate to several £0000s. In fact, for Faccenda Foods, we’ve been able to quantify the saving. At its Telford plant alone, digital QA has eliminated 1.8 tonnes of paper per annum.
To find out more about SI’s digital QA and Traceability application, simply complete the form or call 01543 444555.
Request our new 20 page guide on Digital QA, Traceability and Audit Management.
This new guide is packed with expert commentary, illustrations and videos explaining how our customers have stepped up to a new level of control with SI. Packed with expert advice, customer case studies and videos.
Find out more about SI’s (Systems Integration):
– food QA and traceability
– QA for food manufacturing
– fresh produce traceability software
– QA for meat processors
Finally, Si Food Software and food ERP.