Automated QA and Traceability
Paper QA holding you back? Move up to automated QA that always works
The pressure to always be audit ready has never been greater for food processors. For companies that are still reliant on paperwork to keep compliant, the pressure is on to move up to digital QA and traceability.
Can your business complete any food manufacturing audit in just a few minutes?
With SI’s clever QA and traceability software, our customers have the confidence to say “yes”. Our food software incorporates real-time data capture, digitalises the QA manual and ensures food processors are always audit ready.
Request our new 20 page guide on Digital QA, Traceability and Audit Management.
This new guide is packed with expert commentary, illustrations and videos explaining how our customers have stepped up to a new level of control with SI. Packed with expert advice, customer case studies and videos.
Why invest in SI’s traceability systems for food manufacturing?
It’s for this reason that leading food production companies, such as Faccenda Foods, Baird Foods Services, and many more, rely on our paperless QA systems.
“For us, the automated food manufacturing traceability provided by SI eliminates 1.8 tonnes of paper per annum.” Faccenda Foods
Integreater QA and traceability excels at shop-floor quality assurance and control within the food production environment.
Find out more about food quality assurance and traceability from SI:
- Set mandatory & optional questions
- View results for all procedures. Grouping procedures into sets, and set QA checks across food processing operations as ‘timed’. Assign to specific users or user groups.
- Select data input methods that best suit your food factory. For instance, answer questions by selecting a dropdown list item, scanning a barcode, capturing a weight from a scale or by typing a number.
- Digitally control all food factory cleaning and hygiene routines.
- Data capture devices. With SI’s QA and Traceability software, capture data using a wide range of devices. From touchscreens, scales, laptops and tablets, through to handheld devices, scanners and PDAs. Integrate with 3rd party products and digitally transfer to servers, to provide a complete picture of what’s going on.
Integreater QA and traceability provides a clear view of what’s being done across the food factory and whether there’s anything that can be improved upon.
In terms of real traceability and looking at what you do, everything is instant because the information is already in place and available to view.
- Flag non-conformances instantly
Our software automatically collects and stores the same information and flags up any issues. It shows how many checks are being performed, when they are happening and identifies any non-conformances. Quarantine items to prevent cross-contamination or manage any rejects.
With a clear view of what is being done and whether there’s anything that can be improved upon, in terms of real food manufacturing traceability. Also, looking at what you do, everything is instant because the information is already in place and available to view.
Other features include:
- Filter results to focus on the most meaningful historical data
- Eliminate requirement to re-key information
- Customise flexible and interlinked reports, to reflect your own procedures
Always be audit ready
Auditing and checking for non-conformances are always problematic when you’re reliant on a paper trail. Forms cannot prove process conformance, or whether your operators are performing the correct number of checks at the right time.
“Many factories are still relying on QA check sheets to record status whenever the QA’s walk the floor.” explained Rob Stephens, SI’s Managing Director. “What results is piles of paperwork. Whenever they’re audited, it can take days to prove that all the checks have been performed.
“For non-conformances, they have to find evidence that they’ve addressed them. It’s a very reactive way of doing things.”
Integreater digitally collects and stores information, and automatically flags up any issues. It shows how many checks are being performed, when they are happening and identifies any non-conformances.
It’s a very proactive way of managing QA and traceability.
TQM and Right First Time
Before investing in in food ERP, SI recommends that food processors need to consider how it will better enable TQM and support Right First Time methodologies, to both save time and improve accuracy. Whilst data capture will track the progress of your products, you need the rigour within quality assurance checks to track specifics such as moisture levels at different stages.
Integreater QA provides that level of assurance.
Find out more about SI’s (Systems Integration):
– food QA and traceability
– QA for food manufacturing
– fresh produce traceability software
– QA for meat processors
Finally, Si Food Software and food ERP.