Bakery and Cake Recipe Control
As your business grows and demand for products increases, so does the drive for efficiency.
Moving away from manual procedures and finding ways to optimise production processes will increase operational efficiencies, and both increase product quality and consistency. Using SI’s software to manage recipe control can transform production operations within bakeries and cake manufacturers.
It’s hard to maintain consistency when you’re reliant on manual processes, especially as product lines, output and customer demands intensify. In our work with bakeries and cake manufacturers, these are some of the many challenges that they face time and again:
- How can we eliminate problems with incorrect quantities, weights and raw materials going into the recipe mix?
- My business loses too much through giveaway, wastage, quality issues and product recalls
- Poor management of raw material stock and labour costs are detrimentally impacting my profit margins
- When mixing and recipes are in progress, how can I keep on top of consumption of raw material batches and stock, and make sure stock is controlled and rotated?
- Manual scheduling is proving too complicated to manage, now that we have expanded our product range and formats.
- I need to find a better way to control multiple processes and manufacturing stages, especially recipe formulation and mixing, WIP, racking cooking, cooling and finishing.
By working with SI, your bakery and cake manufacturing operations can be transformed.
Our software comprehensively maps out combination specifications and manages every production process; from scanning to batches, through to mixing, make-up, baking and cooking, cooling and even slicing.
It provides full ingredient traceability, tracks all the batches that are going into the recipe, and manages any instructions for finishing touches. It will even manage partially completed mixes. Then, by using our cost modelling software, bakeries and cake manufacturers can map out costs for all ingredients and product relationships. Whenever prices change, the software will automatically adjust all the relationships as well as the costs.
And our software’s superior quality control maintains tolerances for each item going into the mix, such as controlling temperatures where an over-tolerance will result in burnt products and poor yield.
WAITING FOR SPECIFIC RAW MATERIAL THAT’S OUT OF STOCK FOR YOUR RECIPE?
With our software, you can book it into stock and reintroduce it to finish the recipe mix whenever the outstanding raw material is available.Contact us