Boning hall cut-tree cost modelling-software
For boning hall managers and planners, our cost modelling software, also known as the SI Cut-Tree, delivers a detailed understanding of carcase profitability.
Cut-Tree cost modelling can be configured to account for all boning hall cut specifications, how meat should be cut and split down and all of the relationships. Using SI’s Cut-Tree cost modelling, with a joined-up view of kill, bone and retail pack, boning hall planners can find the best way to:
- Make data-driven, informed decisions rather than relying on gut instinct (albeit very skilled gut instinct). Understand the implications of boning hall decisions before they are acted upon;
- Detail the best and worst margins for each product;
- Bone out all carcases to make the best money;
- As the Cut-Tree informs the kill plan, find a home for all meat, not just the premium products;
- Manage the push v pull, and improve understanding of demand;
- Mimic any process and compare with what happens within the boning hall.
Making the best use of trim
As understanding the level of meat trim that will be generated within the boning hall is critical, to enable decisions to be made well within its shelf-life, our Cut-Tree cost modelling software does the hard work and works out the fine detail of trim predictions. Whether it’s 80, 90 or 95VL, our cost-modelling software will help you find the best way to use every trim product.