Fish and seafood processing labelling software
From catch to the consumer, commercial designation to production method – SI understands the labelling challenges that fish and seafood processors face. In fact, our fish and seafood processing labelling software provides the ideal solution.
In a sector is governed by detailed legislation, fish and seafood processors must evidence everything that’s been done in the legitimate way.
Fish line- caught or trawled?
What was the catch area?
With SI’s fish and seafood processing labelling software:
- centrally manage and push out data digitally to drive OCM labelling.
- automatically configure data for the outer case as the product progresses down the line
- eliminate manual operator errors, as the software details are always correct.
- verify that all label barcodes are scannable
- through integration with third-party vision systems, provide extra labelling validation with photographic evidence.
How it works:
- As part of planned production, when the raw material is ready for processing, the fish or seafood will be issued to said run.
- Whenever raw material arrives at the OCM, it’s booked against this production run.
- To help operatives to always get it right, our software tracks production runs. Ensuring that the output doesn’t exceed what’s expected from the run.
- Our OCMs only allow operators to book output if it’s correct.
For instance, let’s look at yield management for a piece of salmon:
- The salmon weighs 5kgs
- For filleted salmon you might expect to generate 2kgs of fillet from it.
- When factored up for, say, 500kgs, the result should be 200kgs of salmon fillet.
- But, if a result differs from the predicted yield, then SI’s yield management software will flag it up and halt production.
To find out more click here.
At intake, suppliers and skippers provide the required accreditations/approval certificates, for traceability. SI’s fish and seafood processing labelling software digitally captures all details using a flat-bed scanner (PDFs will be stored as part of the document management, against the relevant purchase order).
From catch to consumer, commercial designation to production method; find out how SI (Systems Integration) can help your business’s labelling challenges – whatever they may be.
Finally, SI Food Software.
Also, Fish and Seafood.