Fish and seafood traceability software
Using SI’s batch barcode approach delivers fully automated, auditable fish and seafood traceability in seconds.
With unbroken traceability right back to batches and boats, from how, where and when the catch was made, production processes, packing and distribution, including:
- Lot numbers;
- Fishing vessel names;
- Aquaculture information;
- FAO species code;
- Date of catch or period over which caught;
- Quantity and production methods.
“We can demonstrate to our customers the highest levels of forward and backwards traceability, with the ability to find product history and data in seconds”JCS Fish
For forwards and backwards traceability, at intake, suppliers and skippers provide accreditations and approval certificates. By scanning certificates at intake, documents are stored against specific purchase orders.
Monitoring yield and tracking batches
Whether you need to track by delivery or relatively small batches, our OCMs and software monitor every batch to:
- Tracks balances for what’s been issued (using a trace ID);
- Prevents automatic overbooking and booking against incorrect production runs;
- Manages calculations, based on the yield, to ensure batches are correctly changed.
- Eliminates mistakes by ensuring that products can only be booked to output if details are correct.