Fresh Produce Intake Management
Simplify your fresh produce intake with SI
SI’s (Systems Integration) software comprehensively manages stock control and all product codes, together with life left on the product, stock rotation, quality and yield.
All fresh produce primary processors are impacted by a complex supply chain. When planning for production and projected demand, they must account for a supply chain. This is because the supply chain is constantly affected by external impacts and influences; from weather conditions, changing growing cycles, through to harvesting times.
See what James Banfield, Production Manager, has to say about integrating SI’s project to the global supply chain at R&G Fresh Herbs:
Growing seasons and delivery lead times for product codes will vary, dependent on where the raw material is sourced. What can be done, will be affected by the quality of the raw meat. It’ll also affect whether it’s possible to deliver the against required customer specifications.
But if the raw material doesn’t match the specification at intake, processors need to decide whether to:
- Use the raw material and make the most of it.
- Part accept it.
- Reject the produce.
How SI simplifies planning for raw materials
Our software comprehensively manages stock control and all product codes, together with life left on the product, stock rotation, quality and yield. It captures:
- Wherever the raw material has come from
- Quantity and types of QA defects within the raw material
- What grades have resulted from the raw material
- The preparation yield
- Projected demand against raw material available.
- Traceability, right down to the fine detail individual farms, fields and even soil conditions.
- Grades required to fulfil the demand.
- Based on those grades, what needs to be graded and washed.
- If there is insufficient raw material, after grading and washing, what action to take.
- Whether they need to process more raw material (which’ll generate a surplus of product) or buy in from third party.
Finally SI Food Software.