Labelling, Packaging and OCM Solutions
Achieving 100% labelling accuracy is complicated for food processors.
That’s why SI’s developed its own label design software for the food manufacturing industry and for every relevant process point.
Our label design software provides:
- Label design formats, according to standard sizes and specific customer dimensions.
- A detailed library set of standard labels.
- Simple text and detailed labels.
- Dynamic calculated formulaic variables.
- Barcodes for multiple symbologies.
- Other barcodes formats, such as 1D and 2D/data matrix, which can store greater detail.
- Code signatures, whenever labels are produced.
“SI manages our range of Weigh Price labellers and Outer Case (OCM) labelling systems. We do this centrally through our planning and scheduling team. By doing so we have delivered 100% consistency in label design and integrity across all 15 production lines.” Faccenda Foods
SI label design software accommodates a wide range of barcodes, including code 1 to 28, EAM 128, code 39 and GS1 barcodes. It also caters for GS1 logistics labelling requirements that are typically used by the larger retailers
Our label design software includes a comprehensive library of standard labels, for every different type of transaction, including labels produced for goods received upon intake, IP booking labels for production in process and OCM labels.
Our OCMs manage more than just labels.
They also manage the calculations, based on the yield, to ensure batches are correctly changed. Whether you need to track by delivery or relatively small batches, the OCM monitors the batch prevents automatic overbooking and booking against the wrong production run. If a better yield has been achieved, a manual override can be made and recorded. With these checks and balances in place, booking to production will always be done right the first time and, for auditing, traceability data will be both robust and accurate.
“Date and batch coding are governed by the system negating the necessity of operator input and reducing our risk to human error. Over and under production of individual SKUs is therefore managed, reducing processing waste.” Faccenda Foods
SI developed Phrase Manager in response to the many legislative requirements for the inclusion of allergen and nutritional information on labelling. With centralised data, the software is easy to maintain and update.
Within Phrase Manager, you can specify:
- By product level, food processors can specify their own list of nutrient and allergen information.
- Details on saturated fats and protein.
- Label print details, including bold type, italic type, or different typefaces within a whole block of text.
All labelling data is centrally managed and automatically distributed to all the various touchscreens and data capture points that print labels within our ERP system.
Whenever a label is generated, our software will look to Phrase Manager for the product code and label variables and collate all information for the label print.Contact us