Lairage Management Software
Automate your lairage records
SI’s specialist software automates the lairage management process, by capturing and storing this critical information within a single database.
From the time livestock arrives at an abattoir, complete information about health, welfare and traceability must be collected. SI’s Lairage Management Software digitally manages this process by capturing real-time data from the abattoir site server’s bookings table. Using our application, lairage managers can digitally capture:
“When we looked at the complexity of what we required, SI’s specialist abattoir management solution was the obvious choice for Pickstock. Its modularity meant that we could install, check and run each module one step at a time, ensuring production continuity.”Hayley Draper, Lairage Manager, Pickstock Telford.
- Livestock passports details, including cattle movements.
- Record any “dead on arrival”, or other health/welfare issues.
- Validate that passports and unique ear tags match, preventing slaughter of animals if details don’t marry up.
Once captured, livestock movement data is automatically sent to the BCMS (British Cattle Movement Service) via the CTS Online Web Service. As results are collected, any errors can be viewed using SI’s Livestock Tracker application.
The lairage management software records data in one of two ways:
- UTM mode, where cattle which are under thirty months old are processed
- OTM mode, where cattle over thirty months old are processed.
When switching between these two modes, to maintain segregation, the system can be configured to lock itself down, ensure cattle are not processed within defined timeframes.