OCM, weighing and labelling software
“I would recommend SI to other food processing businesses. Its touchscreen OCMs are so easy to use; they increase productivity, and it took less than 10 minutes to train our operatives.”Hilton Seafood Group
Accurate and precise outer case marking and food labelling are essential processes for every food processor. SI’s OCM and food factory labelling software ensures seamless management for:
- Data rich barcode labels printed offline for manual application
- On-demand, online labels for end of line manual application
- Integrated touch screen online labels for more complex products
- Options for variable labelling of catch or fixed weight products
- Fully automated solutions for printing and applying labels on the production line, using fully integrated full shop floor data captured information.
How our OCM solution works:
SI’s OCM has been developed to run on a touchscreen, which can be integrated with scales and any application specific printers. Usually mounted within an OCM frame, the touchscreen can be configured in multiple ways, to display a whole range of information.
Using the touchscreen, users can:
- Configure touchscreen capabilities to run against sales orders or production planning.
- Select planned production run numbers. The OCM automatically uploads hotkeys for all the products within the plan, ensuring the correct validation controls are in place to support accurate labelling.
- Select a product within the run and the OCM displays the target production quantity. Set minimum and maximum weights can also be set for each product.
- Visualise run progress, through OCM displays which show what has been produced and what’s outstanding.
- Track progress against the plan, with the OCM showing whether the run is on track with visual alerts displayed to prevent over production.
- Deliver full traceability with batch numbers supporting stock management and pallet labelling.
- Ensure the right label is on the retail pack and that this is accompanied by the right case label.
Managing fixed weight giveaway
For fixed weight, the OCM captures the weight and monitors the fixed weight giveaway in real-time.
For catch weight, as products are weighed on the scale, there are two label print options. Either a manually press of the print button or an auto print run. The OCM prints a label every time and it identifies a steady weight.
Based on the planned requirements and the product settings, the OCM screen automatically populates with the correct dates and format for the label.
Another feature, using SI’s label formatting software, is that every product can have its own label format and design, including branded formats.
“SI’s software manages our range of Weigh Price labellers and Outer Case Markers (OCM) labelling systems. The result is 100% consistency in label design and integrity across all 15 production lines.” Faccenda Foods
Our food processing OCMs manage more than just labels.
Based on the yield, SI’s OCMs also manage the calculations to ensure batches are correctly changed. Whether you need to track by delivery or relatively small batches, the OCM monitors the batch prevents automatic overbooking and booking against the wrong production run. If a better yield has been achieved, a manual override can be made and recorded.
With these checks and balances in place, booking to production will always be done right the first time and, for auditing, traceability data will be both robust and accurate.
“The software managed date and batch coding, negating the need for operator input and reducing risk of human error. It also controls over and under production of individual SKUs to reduce processing waste.” Faccenda Foods
To find out more about SI’s OCMs, OCM software, and our wide range of food processing software:Contact us
Across our range of weigh price labellers and OCM (outer case markers) labelling systems, SI delivers 100% consistency in label design and integrity across all 15 production lines.David McCarthy, Production Manager, Avara Foods
OCM and labelling
SI’s OCMs and labelling software provides accurate multiple labelling options, essential for the success of all food processors, “delivering 100% consistency in labelling across all 15 production lines” Avara Foods.
Validate and label finished goods, maintain batch number traceability, and create stock. With accurate and verified content for labels, options include: branded label design, barcode labels, on-demand & online labels, variable labelling for catch & fixed-weight products, pallet and case labelling.