Picking and Despatch
SI’s pick and despatch real-time web-based solution significantly reduces and can eliminate human error in the picking and despatch process, dramatically cutting down credits.
Integrating with both the demands of retail and food service customers, our flexible picking and despatch solution allows users to:
- Match retail customer requirements, by building or split pallets using barcode integration and validation, to match orders.
- Dynamically manage high product proliferation for food service businesses with boxed products linked to stock availability and management.
- Automatically create specific despatch documents and readable labels that retailers, multiples and food service customers require.
- Electronically send despatch information directly to the customer based on orders received.
- Capture electronic signatures on delivery, which feed into daily or weekly reports.
- Review and interrogate live and historic information in multiple ways from order to despatch dates.
Ensure what’s ordered is always delivered
By showing all the orders in real-time despatch and picking staff can manage each day based on the date selection or customer and even prioritise by vehicle, with all progress of scanning matched against orders.
The despatch team can also use this screen view to look at what is available on stock. By selecting the “Stock Location” function, operators will be provided with a real-time view for actual stock locations.
Managing soft allocation of stock
Our software can also “soft allocate stock”. For greater control, this feature can be set up with user permissions. Instructions can then be issued to drive pickers to pick stock that has been allocated to an order, including specific details to pick according to stock rotation.
To request an online bookable demo and find out more about our Pick and Despatch software, please fill in form at the bottom of this page.
How does pick and despatch work on the shop floor?
- As picking staff either scan products or pack into despatch boxes, real-time data capture shows when to register the order as complete.
- Produce ASNs (advance shipping notices) and SSID labels to accompany pallets.
- Automatically produce case end customer labels for every box, including specific requirements, such as brand-related information.
- Access to real-time shop-floor data will provide your customers with all the evidence needed to prove traceability.
- For food processors operating on a first-in-first-out stock basis, users can simply scan the product label, and key in required quantity as our software will automatically allocate all stock to orders.
Managing high product proliferation picking and despatch
Our easy-to-use order collation application is ideal for picking within a high product proliferation environment, such as for catering butchers or food service. Pickers follow a logical and staged process by:
- Selecting the order
- Scanning all products to the box
- Choosing “end box” to produce and print a case end label for the customer. Every product that has been scanned into the box will be captured together with key validation details.
In summary, SI’s Pick and Despatch application provides a live view of progress against sales orders in your picking and despatch area. It enables food processors to manage the despatch process effectively in a live environment.
By doing so, Pick and Despatch helps to cuts credits, by removing human error, ensuring what’s ordered is delivered, whilst eliminating bottlenecks in the picking and despatch process.
Book your Despatch Tracker online demonstration
Finally SI Food Software, home of leading food manufacturing software Integreater food ERP,
Also, SI picking and despatch application for food manufacturers. Track picking and despatch in real-time with SI.