Purchase Order Intake Touchscreen
SI’s Purchase Order Intake touchscreen module digitally records receipt of food manufacturing raw material and other products from your suppliers, in real-time.
Review orders by day, date range, purchase order number, supplier number and much more.
How Purchase Order intake works
- Select the purchase order. The touchscreen shows all products on the order, together with any comments. For instance, an instruction to check dates before receiving goods.
- Answer any mandatory questions. With Purchase Order Intake, it’s straightforward to configure mandatory questions. Once set, the touchscreen will provide prompts for every mandatory question.
- Input and validate dates. For different product types and rules, dependent on the type of product, up to five dates can be set against each product. The system validates that the dates are in tolerance of what’s acceptable.
- For example, in the case of a use by date, check the supplier’s item to ensure that the date is correct.
Alternatively, dates can be calculated. For instance, calculate use by dates using the supplier’s pack date or, when receiving pork or beef products, from the supplier’s kill date.
- Enter the number of units. The Purchase Order Intake touchscreen caters for all variations of measures, such as hanging products, number of cases received on a pallet, or the amount of packs.
- Enter the weight. By entering the unit measure, the touchscreen also prompts for the weight. Weight can be automatically captured from either multiple scales, an overhead track scale, a floor scale, or a bench scale. Alternatively, manually key in the weight.
- Input the delivery reference. By selecting the option to match invoices on the intake touchscreen, validate that the invoice value matches the value of the goods that have been received.
- Label production.
- Complete QA details. For quality control information, configure mandatory fields or use optional free text.
- The purchase order is automatically updated to show that goods have been received against the order.
By completing these Purchase Order Intake steps on the touchscreen, the product is on stock. It’s now available to view, in real-time, within the stock system.
Curious? Want to find out more about how SI’s Purchase Order Intake software and touchscreen can help your food manufacturing business?
To request a demo, simply fill in the form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.Contact us
purchase order processing, food ERP and food processing software. SI’s purchase order intake software and touchscreen is the ideal way for food processors to intake raw material in real-time.