Purchase Order Processing software
Efficiently creates new purchase orders. Whether for raw materials, dry goods ingredients, packaging, services, non-stock items and consumables.
Provides the unique pricing and order units of measure, required by food manufacturers.
Stores all supplier information, including price lists, approvals and food standards accreditations.
Integrates with SI’s purchase order intake screen and colour-codes in real-time, based on received status.
Matches goods received to the orders, and posting to purchase ledgers.
And for multi-site food manufacturers, specifies the sites and areas that need to receive the goods.
Optimising purchase management
Controlled through user access, after logging into the application, purchase orders are displayed based on the chosen criteria. View orders by user role or, in the case of super-users, set up an overview for all orders. By expanding and refreshing the view, the application displays all live purchase orders, and colour-coding indicates the order status.
Easily create new purchase orders by:
- Manually creating an order, by using the New Order option.
- Setting up an order template. This is useful feature for items that are regularly ordered from the same supplier. Another option available is to restrict the product types that can be ordered from each supplier.
- Mirroring previous orders, to expedite purchase details.
With its fuzzy search facility, searching for supplier details is easy. Simply look up by supplier code, name or filter to display full contact details. Then:
- Check and edit site delivery details for goods receipt, and even select the stock area. (Find out more about Purchase Order Intake).
- Check order delivery date. Lead-times will automatically be reflected within delivery date.
- Choose delivery timeslots. Also, set up a delivery schedule for your security or intake bay teams.
- For multi-site food manufacturers, break orders down by specific delivery addresses.
- Set up supplier chase dates.
- Record optional adjustments. For example, if goods are being collected, impose a transport levy adjustment.
And, in the case of supplier catalogues, the featured product codes can be set up to automatically populate purchase orders. Alternatively, to rationalise selection filter by codes.
Define units and pricing of measure, and much more
By integrating SI’s Purchase Order Processing software to our shop-floor data capture, typical gaps found within generic accounting packages have been addressed. As our software has been uniquely developed for food manufacturing, the multiple options for units of measure, quantities and pricing unit of measure that are used by food processors have been built in.
Then, by inputting price or using pre-configured supplier prices, the application calculates pricing by weight and the estimated order price.
The application automatically displays current stock levels. It even tracks products stored elsewhere within the factory. And, by order, other options include:
- Specifying supplier details, such as packing advice.
- Adding internal comments, including prompts for your Goods Intake department prompts to check dates or product life details. And for both internal and external comments, including overall order comments, such as “upon arrival at goods in, ring doorbell”.
- Manually creating draft orders and setting user spend limits. Then, if order spend exceeds the limit, the purchase order will be saved as draft until it has been approved.
- Easy editing and re-issuing of purchase orders to suppliers.
Managing stock order levels and intake
Setting up minimum and maximum stock holding levels, together with re-order quantities is easy. Automatic email alerts and reports can also be set up, whenever stock either falls below the minimum level, or if there’s a surplus. When used in conjunction with SI’s Stock and Order module, the Purchase Order Processing application automatically registers and generates orders.
Whenever product weights differ to what’s been ordered, SI’s Invoice Matching module compares the value of the goods received against the invoice.
Understand supplier performance
Every food processor needs detailed reporting that delivers clarity about purchasing decisions, supplier performance and, ultimately, how cash flow can be optimised.
Our reporting features will enable your purchase management team to track individual team member’s product buying patterns. and deliver real-time insight into supplier performance. For instance:
- Have deliveries been recorded as either early or late?
- Have order deliveries been recorded as fulfilled or shorted?
Interested to find out more about how SI’s Purchase Order Processing software could help your food processing business? Simply complete the following details and we’ll get right back to you:
Contact SI today to find out how our software can help your food processing business thrive and succeed.Contact us
SIs Purchase Order Processing application, part of the Integreater food ERP solution, manages all of your purchase orders, whether it’s raw materials, packaging ingredients or services or non-stock items. And unlike generic ERP software, provides for specific food manufacturing units of measuresThe application minimises the opportunity for manual error and delivers complete order visibility and delivery verification throughout your food manufacture purchase management operations, to check what’s ordered has been delivered. Set up for multi-site multiple site food processors, break orders down by specific delivery addresses, and stores all supplier information including price lists, supplier approvals and accreditations.