Purchase Order Processing software
SI’s Purchase Order Processing application provides real-time control and visibility across entire order and intake process. Part of our versatile food ERP solution, the application not only controls purchase for all raw materials, dry goods ingredients, packaging, services, non-stock items and consumables.
Purchase Order Processing (POP) stores all supplier information including price lists, approvals and accreditations.
Purchase Order Processing (POP) is controlled through user access. Once users have logged into the application, purchase orders are displayed based on the selection criteria.
By expanding and refreshing the view, the application displays all live purchase orders. Colour-coding indicates the order status.
Posting a new order
Purchase orders can be viewed by user role or, in the case of super-users, set up an overview for all orders. New purchase order can be created by:
- Manually creating an order by clicking the New Order option.
- Setting up an order template. This is useful feature for items that are regularly ordered from the same supplier. Another option available is to restrict the product types that can be ordered from each supplier.
- Right-clicking on a previous order or make a copy of an order that mirrors what you want to purchase.
SI’s Stock and Order module can also be used to generate purchase orders.
When editing the order, simply:
- Select the supplier. Search by supplier code, name or filter by using a fuzzy search, to display full contact details.
- Check and edit site delivery details for goods receipt, and even select the stock area. (Find out more about Purchase Order Intake).
- Check order delivery date. Lead-times will automatically be reflected within delivery date.
- Choose delivery timeslots. Also, set up a delivery schedule for your security or intake bay teams.
- For multi-site food manufacturers, break orders down by specific delivery addresses.
- Set up supplier chase dates.
- Record optional adjustments. For example, if goods are being collected, impose a transport levy adjustment.
Selecting products for the order
If suppliers have provided a product catalogue and has its own product codes, set product codes up to automatically populate the purchase orders. By filtering these codes, POP presents a list of products starting with supplier code format for selection
Continue to edit purchase order by:
- Choosing unit of measurement and quantity (Order Unit of Measure or Pricing Unit of Measure). The application automatically displays current stock levels. It even tracks products stored elsewhere within the factory.
- Inputting price or using pre-configured supplier prices. The application calculates pricing by weight and the estimated order price.
- Adding any supplier instructions, such as packing advice.
- Adding internal comments, including prompts for your Goods Intake department prompts to check dates or product life details. And for both internal and external comments, including overall order comments, such as “upon arrival at goods in, ring doorbell”.
- Selecting Save to create a live purchase order. The live order is then colour-coded blue.
Other options include manually creating draft orders and setting user spend limits. If order spend exceeds the limit, the purchase order will be saved as draft until it has been approved.
Whenever a purchase order needs to be amended, simply by double-click on the order and edit, and send the updated order to your supplier.
Managing stock order levels and intake
Setting up minimum and maximum stock holding levels, together with re-order quantities is easy. Also, automatic email alerts and reports can also be set up whenever stock falls below the minimum level, or if there’s a surplus. When the application is used in conjunction with SI’s Stock and Order module, it automatically registers and generates purchase orders.
Whenever product weights differ to what’s been ordered, SI’s Invoice Matching module compares the value of the goods received against the invoice.
Understanding supplier performance
Other ways to use the reporting feature include setting it up to show each team member’s product buying patterns. And our reporting can also deliver real-time insight into supplier performance, such as:
- Have deliveries been recorded as either early or late?
- Have order deliveries been recorded as fulfilled or shorted?
Interested to find out more about how SI’s Purchase Order Processing application could help your food processing business? Simply complete the following details and we’ll get right back to you:
Contact SI today to find out how our software can help your food processing business thrive and succeed.Contact us
SIs Purchase Order Processing application, part of the Integreater food ERP solution, manages all of your purchase orders, whether it’s raw materials, packaging ingredients or services or non-stock items. The application minimises the opportunity for manual error and delivers complete order visibility and delivery verification throughout your food manufacture operations, to check what’s ordered has been delivered. Set up for multi-site multiple site food processors, break orders down by specific delivery addresses, and stores all supplier information including price lists, supplier approvals and accreditations.