Raw Material Intake
Simplify your raw material intake with barcode technology
We know how time-consuming raw material intake is, especially if re-labelling is required. That’s why SI has developed a robust modular intake solution for food processors, that make the most of barcode technology and the added traceability benefits it offers.
In collaboration with industry leaders, we’ve produced user-friendly technology that:
- Tackles all basic stock intake of products and ingredients
- Decodes supplier labels upon arrival
- Handles mixed pallet inventory and eliminates the need to re-label every box within it
- Automatically books carcasses and other products into relevant raw material storage facilities from silos for dry ingredients to chilled storage for perishable goods like meats.
- Provides real-time visibility of raw material, WIP and finished product stock, with full traceability.
Eliminate manual errors with digital intake and stock
Raw material intake is complex. Every day presents the challenge of managing the sheer scale of delivery, including everything from fresh produce, dry ingredients, liquids, carcasses, primals, mixed pallets and factored goods.
As an example, for mixed meat pallet management, using our specialist barcode application, simply scan and logs all details, including:
- Product description and code
- Information on locations for where each animal was born and reared
- Slaughter location
- Cut in, use by dates, and weights.
And, with each scan made, you can also book raw material into the relevant chillers. More than that, whenever an individual box barcode is scanned to production for issue, all information remains intact, including kill dates, age, weight and provenance.
And whilst your pallets are scanned in minutes, minimising operator error, you will also have the confidence of complete traceability and save valuable time in your overall daily process.
Similarly, with fresh produce, where QA checks often identify products within batched loads that don’t meet the required grade, stock levels can be automatically updated. At the same time relevant information can be sent to suppliers for returns or re-ordering of raw materials, automating a process to speed up its resolution.
To support food processors still further, we have also collaborated with our supply chain to develop our own stainless-steel and configurable touchscreens, combined with scale indicators and printers.
Manufactured to our own specifications, these products are designed to cope with the very harsh environments of the food processing sector. For example, our customers in the meat processing sector can use these solutions for hanging products to:
- select the relevant order
- enter all mandatory trace and batch information
- automatically produce individual labels as each carcass is weighed
- book into the chosen hanging location for stock.
By combining these solutions with our handheld scanners, traceability is assured whenever carcasses are either moved to a different location or issued for cutting.
Our easy to use stock control software is ideal for businesses with several locations for raw materials, WIP, finished goods and dry goods.
Users can view either an entire stock report or drill down to a particular area or category, such as stock by location, product code, life or age (maturation). And as stock is issued to production, all product information will be automatically pulled through with it, including batch number, product code, description and weight.
Then, when it comes to reporting, a range of standards stock or tailored reports can be generated on demand; for instance, reports that show stock valuation, stock by life, or stock at risk.Contact us