Weigh price labelling central control
SI’s Extended OCM Maintenance stores and manages all the weigh price labelling (WPL) data that’s used to control food manufacturing label setup, for both catch weight and fixed weight products. Whenever labels need to be generated, this data is automatically distributed to OCMs and third party retail labelling solutions on the factory floor.
With central WPL controls provided by Extended Maintenance, configure pack tares, offset dates, minimum and maximum weights, pack prices, barcodes, promotional prices labels, and more.
“SI’s software manages our range of Weigh Price labellers and Outer Case Markers (OCM) labelling systems. The result is 100% consistency in label design and integrity across all 15 production lines.”Avara Foods
How our OCM solution works:
SI’s OCM has been developed to run on a touchscreen, which can be integrated with scales and any application specific printers. Usually mounted within an OCM frame, the touchscreen can be configured in multiple ways, to display a whole range of information.
Using the touchscreen, users can:
- Configure touchscreen capabilities to run against sales orders or production planning.
- Select planned production run numbers. The OCM automatically uploads hotkeys for all the products within the plan, ensuring the correct validation controls are in place to support accurate labelling.
- Select a product within the run and the OCM displays the target production quantity. Set minimum and maximum weights can also be set for each product.
- Visualise run progress, through OCM displays which show what has been produced and what’s outstanding.
- Track progress against the plan, with the OCM showing whether the run is on track with visual alerts displayed to prevent over production.
- Deliver full traceability with batch numbers supporting stock management and pallet labelling.
- Ensure the right label is on the retail pack and that this is accompanied by the right case label.