Yield Tracker Software
No matter what products your food factory produces, from meat to potatoes, the ability to track yield in real-time delivers significant business benefits and can improve profitability. After all, higher yield from raw material results is more finished product.
SI’s Yield Tracker is proven to optimise yields for our many food manufacturing customers, minimising losses and maximising yields for prime raw products.
Yield Tracker constantly delivers real-time data to production teams from a whole range of transactions, whenever and wherever it’s required. From product intake right and throughout the production process, Yield Tracker’s reporting can include:
– Yields by a single transaction date, multiple dates, or even an entire week;
– Yields by product type and raw material type;
– Filterable categorisation by raw material supplier, customer, production run and batch number;
– Easy mass balance calculations from captured production data;
– Dashboard visualisations supporting real-time incremental production changes.
With SI’s approach to yield management, we’re capturing real-time data from the production management system, and breaking data down into two main areas: input and output.
INPUT: Here, Yield Tracker is looking at the product transactions as the are issued to production process.
From the moment raw material enters the food factory, Yield Tracker captures all OCM product data, including grading and reduction specification data. Then it breaks yield data down by product quantity, weights and run number.
OUTPUT: To review outputs for a date range or run number, SI’s yield reporting breaks down production transactions and finished goods by product code. Our OCMs capture all yield percentages relating to the input weight for each component, from the production area, and associated total percentages.
Data can then be filtered. For instance, review dates and individual run numbers; alternatively, review how yields compare from one day to the next.
Monitoring boning hall yields and production data integration
For meat processors, by integrating Yield Tracker data with carcase grade information, captured during the kill line process:
- data on prime, secondary and waste can be mass balanced.
- margins and cost implications of either a good or poor yield can be quantified. Both prices and values can be attributed within Yield Tracker.
SI’s yield tracker application enables food processors to track and understand yield throughout the production cycle. Finally, SI Food Software is a market leader in modular food ERP.