No matter what product you are processing, from meat to potatoes, the ability to track yield in real-time will deliver significant business benefits.
SI’s Yield Tracker is proven to optimise yields for our many food manufacturing customers, minimising losses and maximising yields for their prime raw products. Yield Tracker constantly delivers real-time data to production teams from a whole range of transactions, whenever and wherever it’s required.
With fully integrated shop floor data capture, from product intake right and throughout the production process, Yield Tracker’s dashboard reporting can include:
- Yields by a single transaction date, multiple dates, or even an entire week.
- Yields by product type and raw material type.
- Filterable categorisation by raw material supplier, customer, production run and batch number.
- Easy mass balance calculations from captured production data.
- Dashboard visualisations supporting real-time incremental production changes.
The result? Yield optimisation that delivers continuous process improvement and increased margins.
With SI’s approach to yield management, we’re capturing real-time data from the production management system, and breaking data down into two main areas: input and output.
Input: At this stage, Yield Tracker is looking at the product transactions and then, issuing transactions for the production process. For instance:
- issuing purchased raw material, or perhaps carcases resulting from the kill line process. (Find out more about SI’s Abattoir Management software).
Yield Tracker captures all product data, including grading and reduction specification information, from the time it enters the production room or processing facility.
In terms of yield management, it’s breaking data down by product quantity, showing the run numbers, and all relevant quantities and weights.
Output: When reviewing outputs over a date range or run number, with SI it’s straightforward for food processors to understand their yields. Production transactions and finished products are broken down by category and by product code by using SI’s OCMs (outer case markers).
OCM shows all yield percentages relating to the input weight for each component, from the production area, together with the associated total percentages.
Then, data can be filtered for review and analysis. For instance, review dates and individual run numbers; alternatively, review how yields compare from one day to the next.
Monitoring boning hall yields and production data integration
For meat processors, by integrating Yield Tracker data with carcase grade information, captured during the kill line process:
- data on prime, secondary and waste can be mass balanced.
- margins and cost implications of either a good or poor yield can be quantified. Both prices and values can be attributed within Yield Tracker,
By sharing this data with our production management software, real-time monitoring and control of products will be captured throughout all stages of production.
SI’s Yield Tracker application is modular and can also be fully integrated with our other production tracking and food processing software solutions.
If you would like to understand more about SI’s approach to yield management, simply fill in the form below and one of our team will get right back to you.Contact us
SI’s yield tracker application enables food processors to track and understand yield throughout the production cycle. Finally, SI Food Software is a market leader in modular food ERP.